Publication date: 15/11/2017
Ablynx NV [Euronext Brussels and Nasdaq: ABLX] today announced, in accordance with Article 14 of the Belgian Law of 2 May 2007 regarding the publication of major shareholdings in issuers whose securities are admitted to trading on a regulated market (the "Transparency Law"), that it received a notification of shareholdings from Perceptive Advisors LLC on 13 November 2017.
Perceptive Advisors LLC notified Ablynx that it holds 3,400,628 voting securities of Ablynx on 30 October 2017, representing 4.55% of the 74,720,644 outstanding voting rights of Ablynx, and thereby passively downward crossing the 5% threshold.
The notification contains the following information:
• Reason for the notification: passive crossing of a threshold
• Notification by: a parent undertaking or a controlling person
• Persons subject to the notification requirement: Perceptive Advisors LLC - Joseph Edelman
• Date on which threshold is crossed: 30 October 2017
• Threshold that is crossed: 5%
• Denominator: 74,720,644
• Details of the notification: Perceptive Advisors LLC holds 3,400,628 voting securities of Ablynx
• Chain of controlled undertakings through which the holding is effectively being held: Joseph Edelman controls Perceptive Advisors in accordance to article 3,§1, 5° of the Companies Code
• Additional information: Perceptive Advisors LLC holds 3,150,628 ordinary shares (traded on Euronext Brussels) and 250,000 American Depository Shares (traded on Nasdaq) of Ablynx
More information is provided in the transparency notification. Full versions of the transparency notifications are available on Ablynx website, under the section Investors.
The Articles of the Association of Ablynx NV provide for shareholders notification threshold of 3%, 5% or a multiple of 5% of the total number of existing voting rights.
Ablynx is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of Nanobodies, proprietary therapeutic proteins based on single-domain antibody fragments, which combine the advantages of conventional antibody drugs with some of the features of small-molecule drugs. Ablynx is dedicated to creating new medicines which will make a real difference to society. Today, the Company has more than 45 proprietary and partnered programmes in development in various therapeutic areas including inflammation, haematology, immuno-oncology, oncology and respiratory disease. The Company has collaborations with multiple pharmaceutical companies including AbbVie; Boehringer Ingelheim; Eddingpharm; Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA; Merck KGaA; Novartis; Novo Nordisk; Sanofi and Taisho Pharmaceuticals. The Company is headquartered in Ghent, Belgium. More information can be found on www.ablynx.com.